The Call you DON’T want to Receive

imageIt’s 1 am and you are warm in your bed.

Then it happens.

image~ Ring ~

~ Ring ~

~ Ring ~

 

On the other end of the line is the doctor says …

You need to get to the Emergency Room …

NOW!

That’s how my Tuesday morning started.

===================================

By 3 am she was checked in and getting prepped for a transfusion. By early Tuesday morning the first pint of blood was in and she was feeling better. My wife doesn’t want to make a big deal about it … but it was. A middle of the night call urging a immediate visit to the emergency room forces a re-think of priorities.

All is good now … after a few days in the hospital. She’s back home and feeling strong. Our friends and family were there to help in any way we needed. We are truly blessed to have a all of them close by and a big part of our lives.

Thank you to the Puget Sound Blood Center and to Evergreen Hospital for their excellent service and care.

I don’t know if my wife will let me write much more about this, but I wanted to get this note out before she could stop my fingers at the keyboard.

Be safe. Take nothing for granted.

Comments