A Year in Pictures

imageOn January 1st 2011 I took a picture of a Stand Up Paddle (SUP) board session with my son Nick. Little did I know it was going to turn into a year long obsession.

imageI’d like to say I’m clever enough to think this up on my own, but alas … I am not!  It was inspired by my friend Betsy Weber (@betsyweber) If you don’t know Betsy you should. She is the Technical Evangelist at TechSmith – where they make great products like SnagIt, Camtasia and Jing.

Betsy tweeted out something in early January that she was going to try and take a picture a day for the whole year. I thought that seemed like a fun and do-able goal. So, I co-opted her idea and started clicking and tweeting every day. The results of which are listed below. I didn’t take pictures of the same thing everyday. I was VERY sure people would NOT want to see a picture of me everyday throughout the year.

Enjoy The Year In Pictures

So, please enjoy a little trip down memory lane with me as I highlight some of my favorite pictures from the Year that was 2011. See my note at the bottom about image usage. It’s simple … If you like ‘em … use ‘em!

My First Picture of 2011

image

My Daughters First Solo Pumpkin Carving

image

This was my ride in college

image

Home

image

Any UW Fans out there? (these are soda boxes)

image

Nick --- Ropeless in Seattle

image

What did you do in July? Me: I broke my leg

image

Living Large --- 8+ boards is a Good Start

image

Summer on the Oregon Coast

image

Cohaset Bay

image

Corduroy and SanO --- ‘nuf said

image

The Year of my Birth created a Unique Corvette

image

Free Hugs Kids on the Santa Monica Pier

image

The Atrium at the Hyatt in DC

image

Snoqualmie Falls

image

Ellie --- What Collection would be complete without her?
(yes, Ellie is in a LOT of pictures)

The Last Picture Show

I have not taken the last picture of 2011 yet. Got any recommendations? I’m going to get out for a ride today and we have our annual crab feast with friends tonight. So, I will likely get a picture or two from there. You will just have to wait and see what the last picture of the year is … perhaps you’ll be in it!


image

Thanks for taking a few minutes to …

(stop & enjoy the magic)

I hope you have a Fabulous 2012.

Happy New Year 2012

Note: If you like any of these pictures please feel free to use them --- All I ask is that you attribute the image credit back to me. If you want a full size of the image let me know and I’ll be happy to send them to you. If you want to see all of my pics from 2011 click here.

Comments