A few days ago my friend and former Microsoft colleague Owen Allen suggested I share what I am listening to.
An exercise for the reader:
Please share with me what you are listening to?
Together we might be able to find some new and unique content that we may have never otherwise found without each other's help.
Without much further ado here are my podcasts I listen to on a regular basis. Also noted below I identify the apps I prefer to use. I'd love to hear if you have a different recommendation.
As you can see above --- I particularly like:
- Peter Shankman’s - Faster Than Normal – website & iTunes
- Vince Menzione’s – Ultimate Guide to Partnering - website & iTunes
- The Career Cue – Three Microsoft Alumni run this fantastic series of podcasts. – website & iTunes
- Rachel Braunstein’s – Microsoft Partner Network podcast - website & iTunes
- Geoffrey Colon’s – Disruptive FM - website & iTunes
- NPR has LOTS of great stuff – TED Radio Hour, How I Built This, Planet Money, Invisibilia and so many more.
What apps do you use?
When I first made the switch from a Windows Phone to an iPhone I was ecstatic that you could listen to podcasts and do other things the same time. But, I quickly found out that you can't go back and see what you had recently listened to. So, I sent a note out to the Facebook hive mind asking what people recommend it.
Overcast – this was the number one recommendation.
I'm using it today and I'm a huge fan.
Thanks two Chaks and Owen and a few others for the recommendations. Keep ‘em coming. I’m still getting used to this iPhone world.
When do you listen?
I occasionally listen in the car too. The Ford SYNC system is pretty slick and makes it really easy to setup by just plugging it in or over Bluetooth.
Ellie LUVS podcasts too. She says … Two Paws Up!
What are you listening to?
- Add a comment here of the podcasts that you listen to a regular basis.
- If you're so inclined add why you like that podcast.
- Feel free to plug your own podcast here too. There's no better way to get the word out but then by sharing the LUV.
Thanks for listening. Er, reading.
Jeff is business advisor, mentor and community engagement expert. He has spent most of his career in the Enterprise Content Management industry. He brings over 20 years of Channel Sales, Partner Marketing and Alliance expertise to audiences around the world in speaking engagements and via his writing. He has worked for Microsoft, Kodak, and K2.
Connect with me on Twitter @jshuey