You’re Invited to Jeff Shuey’s Birthday Party Blood Drive

On Wednesday, Dec 2nd I’d like to ask for your help. In honor of my 46th Birthday the Puget Sound Blood Center is helping to coordinate a Blood & Food Drive.

imageOur Goal --- at least 46 blood donors.

Will you help? All of the details are below. I hope to see you in Bellevue on Dec 2nd. If you need more information do not hesitate to contact me or Sean Debutts.

Event Details

  • Date: Wednesday, Dec 2, 2009
  • Times: 11am-8pm (noon-3pm is currently reserved for my party donors)
  • Goal: 46+ Donors
  • Address: Bellevue Donor Center, 1021 112th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004

Schedule Donation Appointments

Schedule yourself and others at the Bellevue Center by one of these:

Appointments start two or three people at a time, every 15 minutes. To register, have each donor’s full name and date of birth. Post a comment on this blog once you’re scheduled

In addition to the usual cookies and juice we will have cake, party food and decorations. If you are not sure if you can donate take a look at the Eligibility Facts.

Take 60 seconds and watch this video.

Give a Pint, Give a Quart – Give Both!

imageThis is a blood drive first and foremost. However, it’s also a food drive. If you can’t give blood this time --- no problem. Give a gift of food for the Renewal Food Bank – this is the partner organization to the Puget Sound Blood Center.  The Bellevue Donation Center will be accepting non-perishable food donations.

Why do this?

If you have watched my Give a Pint – Save a Life video you already know that blood donation has been a part of my life for some time and has had a direct impact on my family.

image

A Little Competition

We are competing with other donation teams to bring in the most donors for the two-week blood and food drive competition.  In particular, we’re trying to exceed Julie Burrell of Vancouver, WA. She got 63 donations for her 50th Birthday.  I know the Seattle Community can rally together. Maybe we can even break 100 donations.  Are you in?

What if you can’t make it?

No problem. If you cannot make it on Dec 2nd of don’t live in the Seattle area we still can use your help. If you donate blood or drop off food wherever you live just drop me a note or comment on this blog post. Every Drop Counts!

Not Convinced?

If you need one last thing to get you to sign up keep this in mind:

It’s my Birthday!  This will be your gift to me and many, many others.  I hope to see you in Bellevue on December 2nd or see a note from you that you donated in your home town and gave to your local food bank too.

THANK YOU! 
Thank you in Advance for your time and effort.

Imagine Saving A Life!image

Questions, Comments, Concerns

imageContact me directly or contact Sean Debutts (SeanD@psbc.org) at the Puget Sound Blood Center

Image Credit: Puget Sound Blood Center

Comments

Liana said…
what an awesome thing to do! Makes me wish I could donate blood!
Great job (and Happy Birthday!) Jeff! I'll have to blog (and tweet) about this.

Wish I could join you, but just donated a couple weeks ago and am a couple weeks off schedule.
TravelGirl said…
donated last week, but will blog and tweet this in the hopes of reaching and surpassing that goal...
You Rock! Thank you for stepping up to volunteer your birthday and your time for a noble cause.
ジョシュ said…
I just donated blood last night, but I'll see if I can gather some food to drop by on December 2. :)

I hope we'll get to see some pictures from your birthday party blood drive!
kenjionozawa said…
Count me in! Great idea. :)
Paul said…
Thanks for the invite Jeff. What a Great idea! My Birthday is exactly one week after yours, so I'll celebrate both! I just booked for 1 pm on the 2nd. This sounds like a good tradition!

Paul