It is the day when the new Fiscal Year begins for Microsoft
FY15 Has a lot of Promise
There are a few indicators I see as holding a lot of promise for FY15. A few of them are listed below. There are others that are in flight now and I will continue to monitor them as the Fiscal Year kicks off and the marching orders trickle down.
- Microsoft IS a partnering organization
- Microsoft is doubling down on a lot of partner bets.
- Microsoft needs Partners and vice-versa
- Satya and Phil
- This is their Year!
- Satya Nadella is the new CEO and has a lot riding on FY15
- Phil Sorgen is the new Channel Chief. He’s the #1 advocate for partners. I am happy to say he has been fantastic. He has worked with the IAMCP and the partner community as a whole. I am very optimistic with Phil in Charge.
- The Worldwide Partner Conference is the Coming Out Party for Satya and Phil
- This is their opportunity to Show & Tell the partners (and indirectly the customer base) what to expect and where Microsoft is headed in FY15.
- WPC begins in less than 2 weeks. You can still attend.
My Three Words - Cloud, Azure, Windows 8
Every Fiscal Year has new marching orders that are passed down from the top.
My Three Words for FY15 are a continuation of what we heard in FY14.
They are Cloud, Azure, Windows 8
- Cloud - Office 365 is making a big dent.
- Azure - SAP is making a big bet ... With Microsoft Azure
- Windows Mobile & Windows 8 - The Nokia acquisition will kick into gear. I expect to see a flood of new devices and form factors.
What do you think?
What will FY15 hold:
- For you
- For partners
- For customers
- For Microsoft
Drop a comment here on on any of my social streams. I’d like to hear your thoughts on FY15.
Image Credit: Lyons Partnership
Jeff is an expert in the Enterprise Content Management industry. He brings over 20 years of Channel Sales, Partner Marketing and Alliance expertise to audiences around the world in speaking engagements and via his writing. He has worked for Microsoft, Kodak, K2 and currently he is the Director of Strategic Alliances atGimmal. Tweet him @jshuey or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google+
He is a contributing author to Entrepreneur, Elite Daily, Yahoo, US News and to the Personal Branding Blog.