The End of an Era ... Fare Well LinkedIn Elevate

It's been a long and fun ride.

From helping to launch it internally at Microsoft to being an active user and curator for several years.

It's the end of an era.

Together we sought to move the world.

I was proud to be a curator and proud to see it take off. 

In the Beginning

I was #1 by a long margin. It took a while to change that. As more and more employees glommed onto the idea of posting content the balance began to shift. The first one to knock me off my pedestal was Carson Heady and I couldn't have been more proud. Not long after we were able to meet up in person at the Microsoft DTA event in Vegas. The post about it is LinkedIn Elevate … Your Career Secret Weapon. The pic didn't do justice to my elation and meeting The KING of LinkedIn Elevate.

Met People 

I had the privilege of meeting quite a few people both inside and outside The MotherShip

Looking at you ... 

And I able to stay in touch and keep a pulse on things with long time colleagues at Microsoft like Chris Capossela, Jean-Philippe Courtois, ShiSh Shridhar and also some newer 'sofites like Nikkia Carter and Jethro Seghers

Learned a lot

As we rolled out the initial release of LinkedIn Elevate I posted a lot. Mainly to get the ball rolling and also to get a feel for how LinkedIn Elevate worked. As part of that process I read EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE before posting. Every Single One. Which I would argue is common sense. But, I know I personally don't do this on every occasion and sometimes skim for the gist.

The End of an Era

In the end I'm proud to be invited to be a part of it. I'm proud to see it grow and spread to all regions. I'm a little sad to see it go away. But, I know it's not gone. The best parts have been rolled into the core LinkedIn product and likely some other products related to relationship management including the one of the most challenging markets ... Human Capital Management (HCM). 

It's the end of an era.

I look forward to what's next. I suspect it will involve much AI and a bit more automation.

---
Tags: #Microsoft #LinkedIn #Elevate #MotherShip #SocialMedia #SocialNetwork
---

 Jeff is business advisor, mentor and community engagement expert. He brings over 20 years of Channel Sales, Partner Marketing and Alliance expertise to audiences around the world in speaking engagements and via his writing. He has worked for Microsoft, Kodak, and K2. He is currently at Oracle where he works with partners, including Microsoft and Microsoft partners, to create Hybrid Cloud solutions on a global scale.

Connect with me on Twitter @jshuey
Or connect on LinkedIn or Facebook

He is a contributing author to EntrepreneurElite DailyYahooUS News and to
the Personal Branding Blog with over 250 articles published.

Comments

Unknown said…
It was a pleasure to meet you through Elevate!
Dan Rey said…
Thanks for sharing so much background on the beginnings, Jeff! I always enjoy “behind the scenes” posts and learning the origin story is even better!

Note to find something to replace elevate - it’s been a fun ride!

The Philippines is known for its diverse range of sports and games, which have gained international acclaim. Aside from soccer and the NBA, there are a variety of other sports and games that people like. WPC16 Com Live is the theme we’ll be studying about in this essay. Cockfighting has always played an important role in defining people’s social relationships. A game with a few rounds of cockfighting titles is commonly referred to as this in terms of a noteworthy articulation. As a result, people are interested in cockfighting and are devoting their time to it.