A lot has changed in One Year

What were your last 365 days like? 

image For me I left a company after spending 4 years building a business with a great group of colleagues. Telling my friend and mentor that it was time to move on to my next challenge was difficult.

A New Beginning

In June 2008 I was recruited to help build a new business unit at Captaris. A few months later --- exactly one year ago today (Nov 3rd 2008) – Open Text completed their acquisition of Captaris. Contrary to what was expected --- Open Text bought and shot about 150 people on Day 1. While this was not a highlight of my year it has turned out to be a good thing.

A Lot to be Grateful For

Father of Three in Double Digits

CIMG3894I could not be more proud of the young adults our kids have become. They never cease to amaze me with their kindness and compassion. Combined with an incredible wife of almost 20 years and our extended friends and family I truly have a lot to be grateful for.

Ellie

image Our family had talked about a dog for a long time. In October 2008 we decided it was time. We named her Ellie and we found that it is true -- the best gifts come wrapped in fur.


Social Media Club - Seattle

imageI have met some great friends and mentors along the way within the Social Media Club - Seattle chapter, and re-met people in the Microsoft partner ecosystem.

You Matter

Today I am reflecting back to a blog post by Seth Godin entitled "You Matter" and I'd like to think many of these apply to me. I’m working to insure my legacy lasts for hours, days or a even a lifetime.

I’m looking forward to the next 365 days.

What were your last 365 days like? 

Would you want to do them again?

Comments

Veronica Sopher said…
I, for one, am grateful that this past year has brought the opportunity for me to learn from and work with you. Every conversation with you is so positive and inspiring. Thanks for being a great friend and mentor.
Barb Jacobucci said…
I am grateful to have walked part of your path with you this past year. You always have this incredible smile on your face, and a genuine caring spirit that leaves ME with a smile. What an awesome post.
Unknown said…
It is always great to hear from you, Jeff. You are upbeat and valuing the things that matter most in life. Last 365 days have taken me on many roller coasters of life. Hoping for next 365 days to be better than previous ones.
Cheers!