One Year That Changed My Life

5200 Miles In!

One year ago I bought my first Gravel Grinder.

Sure, the name might be a goofy affectation for a road bike with dirt'ish tires. But, it's a name that I like and I'm sticking with it. 

On March 22nd of 2020 I bought a Specialized Diverge.

I took it for a quick 8 mile ride that first day.

And, again the next day.

And, the next.

Who knew that a few days later the whole country 
would be shut down due to #COVID19.

I'm 5200 miles in now!

yes, I wear a mask when I ride.

But, ride I must.

I think I'm hooked.

As a point of reference ... I've ridden mountain bikes for 30+ years and BMX bikes before that. I would have NEVER guessed I would ride a gravel grinder 5000+ miles by now. But, here we are.

In the last 365 days I've almost 300 rides. I think I'm hooked. 

ICYMI: Check out my post from January 1st here - A Year in The Gravel 

This post is my actual ... ONE YEAR IN! I didn't ride a ton in January, but I've gotten in 53 rides since January 1st.


If you use Strava and want to follow along and even join in ... follow me on Strava 

My Offer to You

If you like to ride and want to get out with me let me know. Otherwise add me on Strava where you can copy my routes and get the same rides in. If you have a favorite gravel grind ride I'd like to hear about it. Share it here in the comments or better yet ping me on the socials or email.

#GravelGrinder #ValleyLife #SVT #RiderUp 

Comments

Jon the shooter said…
Oh that sad little derailleur pully. Mine is shark-toothed like that too. I've got a new set on order. One of the crosses to bear when you create a sanding compound any time you ride.
oncadaycomm said…
Your article has proven useful to me. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. 바카라
(mm)
Vey nice article and it has lots of information and proper way of explaining the content .Learn more aboutpower bi training and many other informative courses inside
This article is full of informative and knowledgeable courses to know more get into Digital Marketing Course and expand your knowledge.
Shaun James said…
Thanks for shared old memories with us. I really impressed with your this blog. Keep it up and share more memories with us. Now its time to avail Best Moving Company In Tuscaloosa for more information.